Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Sunday

I'm going to try this again. I posted yesterday but it didn't take. This picture was taken in my nieces church where she plays in the band. Those are her drums in the background. My brother, sister-in-law, niece and the wonderful young woman who allowed us to stay in her beautiful new home in Flagstaff. This young woman is a singer with a beautiful voice. My niece is a Park Ranger at the Grand Canyon.
We started Easter Sunday with a very nice breakfast at my nieces church put on by the youth of the church. After there was a very lively and inspiring church service with lots of great music. They really rock!

After church we kind of settled in at the house and visited with each other and my nieces friends. We had lots of food headed up b y my sister-in-law. We just took over the house and kitchen and were so kindly treated by my nieces friends. Later we watched a movie and had popcorn and old family tradition on Sunday evening.

Monday we had breakfast then all headed out to shop a bit in old town Flagstaff. Some beautiful little shops. I was able to get some more native seeds in one shop and later at the museum where we toured I picked up a few more native seeds. After the museum we went and had lunch in a great little restaurant right across from Flagstaff town square and it was really good food. After we shopped a bit more and then had a ColdSprings ice cream before going back to the house. Later we headed out to a thrift store where we all found a few things. I got mostly for the grand kids and a couple loose fitting dresses for warmer weather.

Tuesday we left after breakfast and cleaning up with good byes to my niece and her friends and headed for Golden Valley. At Seligman we took old route 66 for the rest of the way. We stopped at the Keepers of the Wild animal preserve and had lunch but didn't go in. At my house they made a quick change of vehicles and my b rother, sister and sister-in-law were on their way to Las Vegas to catch the plane.


During their stay in Golden Valley at my house we did a great hike in the Hualapai's with my great grands and grands , we had some good meals out in Chineses and Mexican restaurants. We did a tour of old town Kingman and went through a few antique stores. We had some nice homecooked breakfasts and they all got to take a tour of my place. My niece drove from Flagstaff and joined us on Friday and we all left on Saturday for Flagstaff. It was really good to get together with family and to meet such wonderful people.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: