Saturday, December 23, 2006

Not my picture. They say the early bird gets the worm. This morning looking out my window by my computer a small hawk sat on the fence post. I kept watching it and thought about taking a picture. I knew I couldn't get close enough and might even frighten it away if I stepped out the door. So I just enjoyed it's stately beauty. Then it disappeared. Next glance up from my computer I caught sight of something moving in a bush. At first I thought it was one of my chickens but as I looked more I realized it was the hawk. On the other side of the bush I saw something else move, sparrows. Ah, the hawk was thinking of breakfast. So I watched with mixed feelings. Quiet, patient, I watched the hawk and the hawk watched the sparrows. Should I call out?
As the question weighed on my mind, interupt nature or let nature take it's course, my daughter drove in the driveway. The sparrows were saved and the hawk flew away .
Posted by Picasa

No comments: