Saturday, November 14, 2009

Last Hen

A couple months ago dogs got into my chicken pen and what a masacre occured. I now have 5 poultry left. Lenny my genuea, the two young peahens that were hatched here and two hens. You'll have to click on the picture to get a good look but this young little hen is from my crock pot chicks. She is laying me a nice brown egg a day. The other hen is an old hen who I have had for at least 3 years. She doesn't lay much so she doesn't count except for the company. I'm getting enough eggs for me but no eggs to sell as I had hoped. The cost of all the chickens and peafowel killed was about $450. I doubt that I will ever be repaid, not even an apology even though I recognized the dogs and identified them. I keep a very close eye on these and the chicken pen looks like a prison at night with metal bed frames tied over the doors. I was very sad for quite awhile.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: