Sunday, August 26, 2007

This is a huge watermelon. I still haven't picked it because I think I'm going to have to put it on ice and have a party. I'm feeling like they way everything looks it's got to be picked.
I sold at the Farmers Market today for the first time in my life. Here they have what they call a bumper crop booth, so besides the regulars who try to grow something to sell on a weekly basis they have a booth where locals can bring in their bumper crops and sell ocassionally.
I took in some watermelons and they sold quickly. I then had money to buy some other locally grown produce like yard long beans, english cucumbers, lemon cucumbers, chilies and grape tomatoes. It was fun talking to all of the other gardeners and I learned what to grow if I'm thinking about selling in the future. I'm so excited, my first Farmers Market.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: