Saturday, June 16, 2007

Beautiful surprise this morning, a blooming cactus. I'm wondering if this is related to the night bloom cerius. Hard to tell from the picture but this is a soft pink color. The one on my front porch froze this winter but this little one tucked in behind the prickly pear and fig behind the bathtub garden is living. Purslane in my tub garden I'm planning on eating as they say it is very nutritious. I have a Peruvian Pear cactus as well and it froze badly this extra cold winter but it is coming back. It has fruit that is small and sweet I've read. I have one Indian Fig that is doing very well after the freeze, it was behind the chicken house where I think the heat from the chickens kept it from freezing. I've grown to love cactus with their surprizing blooms and fruits.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: