Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Gizmo

This is Gizmo, the baby peacock. I still don't know if it's a boy or girl. I enjoy having mom and chick on
the backporch area visiting me everyday. This morning I just put three more peacock eggs under a
broody hen. I'll know in 23 days if I get a hatch.
We are having very hot weather here now. It's very hard to be energetic in this sweat equity type of
weather. Last evening I went out and raked up a bucket of palo verde seeds and sat on the back porch
shelling them. They are dried beans not. I put the shelled beans in the coffee grinder and made flour.
That was this morning so it was nice and fresh for pancakes. I had some delicious pancakes with pumpkin
butter on them. I added some oldfashioned oats, whole wheat flour and fresh layed eggs with a little milk.
The palo verde seed flour has almost a cornmeal consistency and made a very firm, filling pancake.
Next bunch I'm going to cook like beans in the crockpot. I'll let you know how they come out.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

May said...

Don't visit often, but when I do, I really enjoy your blog.